Szép?! – А ще як сказати?May 27, 2020
Літо для АнглійськоїJune 13, 2020
Подорожі! Розкажіть про свої найцікавіші поїздки на англійській мові!
Travel – /ˈtrævəl/ подорож
-You use travel to talk in general about the activity of travelling.
Long-distance travel has become much cheaper.
My interests are travel and photography.
Journey – /ˈdʒɜːni $ -ɜːr-/ подорож, поїздка
– An occasion when you travel from one place to another, especially over a long distance or travelling somewhere regularly.
The journey took us over three hours.
My journey to work normally takes around 30 minutes.
Tour – /tʊə $ tʊr/ – тур
1.A journey for pleasure, during which you visit several different towns, areas etc.
We met on a 10-day tour in Italy.
2. A short trip through a place to see it.
We took a bicycle tour of Tuscany.
Excursion – /ɪkˈskɜːʃən $ ɪkˈskɜːrʒən/ – екскурсія
– A short journey arranged so that a group of people can visit a place, especially while they are on holiday.
The resort also offers daily excursions to nearby towns.
Voyage – /ˈvɔɪ-ɪdʒ/ поїздка, вояж
– A long journey in a ship or spacecraft.
In fact much of the Ancient Mariner came from the sea voyages of discovery.
Expedition – /ˌekspəˈdɪʃən/ – експедиція
– A long and carefully organized journey, especially to a dangerous or unfamiliar place, or the people that make this journey.
The purpose of the expedition was to explore the North American coastline.
Trip – /trɪp/ – мандрівка, поїздка
– A visit to a place that involves a journey, for pleasure or a particular purpose.
Did you enjoy your trip to Disneyland?
Cruise – /kruːz/- круїз
– A holiday on a large ship.
He went on a luxury cruise to Alaska.